Tuesday, November 22, 2011

She Art Doll - Artsy Girl

I just realized that I haven't posted on my blog for a while.  I thought, while I'm up @ 4:30 in the morning with nothing to do I might as well do it now :)  So here goes...

I wanted to update you all on my she art doll art.  Please meet Artsy Girl....I know it's not very original.  This piece is all about texture, texture, texture! 
During the workshop, Christy took us through how to add layers of clothes and hats!  And take a look at that skirt...don't you love it?!  It was created by crinkling strips of paper and laying them on a skirt base.  I just love the way it turned out. 
 I can so relate to the quote on this piece.  As I was creating this I did feel as if my inner artist was free to go wherever it would take me.  In the end, I'm very please at how it turned out. 



Can you see the texture on the sun?  I did that by mixing yellow acrylic with modeling paste and spreading it out through a stencil.  Nice! 
Ok, enough of this...time to get creative.
Until, next time...

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment