Friday, August 26, 2011

The Shabby Chicness I Have Hidden Inside of Me

I totally LOVE the look of Shabby Chic.  Give me some ink, fiber, anything with texture and I'm a happy scrapper. I drool over other blogger sites that feature shabby chicness in their artwork.   But, I feel I rarely have the time to go all out with the shabby chic person I truly am. 
This past weekend I took the time to go shabby all over this layout. 


The beautiful pictures of my sweet granddaughter totally inspired me.  I started with a basic layout inspired by a fellow CTMH artist, Pam Thorn.  Then i pulled out paint, fiber, acrylic overlays, buttons, ink, and anything else I could think of that fit the color scheme and had the shabby chic feel to it.  Then I just got started.  Most of the piece came together as I played with the art mediums.  Here is part of the piece that Pam designed and was already included on the original layout.

Don't you just love that flower cluster?  It's totally done with stamps.  I added a bit of bling and ohhh la la! 
Here are a few things that came together as I played.
Wired Ribbon Flower and a fiber rich border strip. And don't forget the bling, button and more fiber. You can never have too much fiber on a shabby chic project...or too much bling, or too much of anything! 
This little piece was done with a Sizzex Die and CTMH stamp.  I love the way that turned out. 

Everything on the piece was accented either in ink or paint.  The strips you see here were cut from CTMH's Sophia paper pack.  I distressed the edges, added ink and it totally gave me the look I wanted. 
I am so pleased with the way this turned out and I had a total blast creating it.  So let your shabby chicness loose and create something too.  I'd love to hear if this creation inspired you to create your own. 
Until next time,
Happy Scrappin.

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment