Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Art Journal 101, Let's Get Creative

For my birthday I got a wonderful new book...I love getting almost any kind of book...I am a book junkie!  Anyway, I especially like this one its The ART Journal Workshop by Traci Bunkers.  She's a wonderful mixed media artist..check out her website and her blog for lots of inspiration. 

I love the idea of having an art journal, in fact I actually have 3 art journals that I been working on for years...lliterally.  Looking through her book I was inspired to creat thie peice..
I created it in about 30 min and the great thing about it is...it just happened!  I started out sketching the cross in pencil and before I knew it art supplies where flying through my room!  Crayons, Markers, Ink Pads, Sponges, ect...It was a blast. 
Well, if you've never tried "art journaling" i suggest you give it a try.  It's a great way to use up some of those things you bought years ago but never knew what to do with them when you got them home.  And your journal can have anything in it...there are no rules! 
Until next time...Happy Journaling!
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment