Saturday, December 10, 2011

I have been really busy creating cards to send to volunteers who serve in CEF's After School program. These wonderful servants invest thier time, talent and enegry into the lives of boys and girls who may not otherwise hear about the love Christ has for them. I wanted to send them something special to acknowledge thier efforts.

Over the next few days, I will post a card that I created for them. This is card #3....

Ok, I had a blast with this card.  When I created it, I had just taken Tim Holtz workshop at my local scrapbook store and I was in the mood to get grungy!  I used a white card base and used distress inks to add color. 
I used a resist technique on the focal point panel...stamp your image with clear embossing powder onto white card stock, heat set, then use your distress tool, or sponge...whatever you have... to rub color on the paper.  The embossed area will resist the color.  See how pretty.  I decided to add a bit of bling...I know big surprise, huh? 
I created the focal image by using a layered stamp from CTMH that I bought years ago.  Love, love, love it! 
I hope you have enjoyed looking and I would love to hear your comments...let me know if you try the resist technique.
Until next time...
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment